On a weekly basis, children are expected to:
- Reading – Children at Ashbourne Primary School should read 5 x a week for 10 minutes at home with their parents and this should be recorded in the child’s reading record. Reading records will be checked every Thursday.
- Times tables – Year 5 children should practise times tables at home via Times Tables Rockstars each week. It is recommended that for Times Table Rockstars to have an impact, it should be used for at least 10 minutes per week.
- Spellings – The government have set words that the children must learn in each year group. Six of these will be sent home on a weekly basis and the children will be tested each Friday. Spellings can be found in homework diaries. Children will learn Group A, Group B or Group C spellings. Please help your child learn these.
Over the course of the year, children will also be asked to complete three Whole School Topic homework. Further details on these pieces of homework will be sent out by the class teacher via homework diaries or class Dojo.
Whole School Topic homework will take place during the terms below:
- Autumn 2 - Talking Homework.
- Summer 1 - Creative project
- Summer 2 - Aspirations Award