Following on from consultation with staff, pupils and parents, our new Healthy Eating Policy will be launched in September 2019.
Here at Ashbourne Primary, we believe in the importance of educating pupils about eating a healthy and varied diet. This year, as part of National Sport Week, pupils covered the following objectives:
Reception, Year 1 and Year 2:
- Recognise and understand what the Eatwell Plate is.
- Understand and explain that different people like different types of food.
- Understand that food is needed for the body to function properly.
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘diet’ and why it is important to eat a balanced diet.
- Understand why it is important to be physically active for 60 minutes a day.
- Understand and explain why diets are varied.
- Understand that basic components of diets around the world are similar.
- Understand the principles of energy balance.
- Understand that different foods provide different amounts of energy and nutrients.
For more information about the Eatwell Guide, please visit:
As part of National Sport Week, each class took time to look at the Change4Life website. The website is packed with fun ideas to help your children stay healthy. For more information, please visit: