Compulsory home learning tasks
Key Stage 2 (year 3 – 6)
- Reading – Children at Ashbourne Primary School should read 5 x a week at home with their parents and this should be recorded in the child’s reading record. Reading Records will be checked every Monday.
- Times tables – Since the implementation of the new National Curriculum 2014, pupils are required to know times tables facts up to 12 x 12 by heart by the end of year 4. Children should practise these at home via Times Tables Rockstars and in year 6 should continue to practise if they don’t know them. It is recommended that for Times Table Rockstars to have an impact, it should be used for at least 10 minutes per week.
- Spellings – The government have set words that the children must learn in each year group. These will be sent home and tested weekly. 6D have a spelling test every Monday.
- Arithmetic or GaPS (Grammar, punctuation and spelling) – sent weekly with answers on the school website.
- Handwriting – Handwriting and letter formation will be sent to pupils who need to practise.
Autumn Term 2 Spellings
Spellings will be tested weekly on Mondays. Spellings can be found in Homework Diaries. Children will learn Group 1 or Group 2. Please help your child to learn these off by heart.
Autumn Term 2 Arithmetic
Autumn Term 2 Handwriting