Our Autumn 2 Whole-School Topic is ‘Communication’.
Our Class Topic is ‘Shakespeare!’
Here are some of the books that we will be sharing this half term to help lead our learning:
Reading and Reading Awards
We love reading in school and share stories daily with the children. We aim to install a love of reading in all children! We encourage children to read at least 5 times a week at home. Just 10 minutes a day will make a real difference to the progress that your child makes. If your child reads at least 5 times a week at home, they will receive a voucher for the Golden Box. Each week, a name is picked out to win a BRAND NEW BOOK to keep! Please record all reading in the reading records to ensure that we can monitor your child’s reading.
Outdoor Learning and Forest School
We are lucky enough to have an outdoor learning session led by Mrs Creswell, a qualified Forest School leader, once a half-term. On these days, children need to bring suitable clothing and footwear for the weather conditions (in a labelled bag) to change into before the session. Old clothing is recommended as we may get very muddy! This half-term, our outdoor learning sessions with Mrs Cresswell will be on WEDNESDAY 10th NOVEMBER.
- Drop-off time is between 8:35am – 8.40am. Pick-up time is at 3.00pm.
- PE will take place every Tuesday (indoor) and Wednesday (outdoor). On these days, children need to come to school in Ashbourne Primary PE kit. They will also need a reusable water bottle.
- The children have the opportunity to visit the library every Monday. Children can choose a book to bring home to share to encourage reading for pleasure.
- Please send in a healthy, morning snack for you child. This can either be a piece/pieces of fruit or vegetable.
- Forest School this half-term will be on Wednesday 10th November. Please send in suitable outdoor clothing on this day.