Compulsory home learning tasks
Key Stage 2 (year 3 – 6)
- Reading – Children at Ashbourne Primary School should read 5 x a week at home with their parents and this should be recorded in the child’s reading record.
- Times tables – Since the implementation of the new National Curriculum 2014, pupils are required to know times tables facts up to 12 x 12 by heart by the end of year 4. Children should practise these at home via Times Tables Rockstars and in year 6 should continue to practise if they don’t know them.
- Spellings – The government have set words that the children must learn in each year group. These will be sent home and tested weekly.
- Arithmetic or GAPS (Grammar, punctuation and spelling) – sent weekly with answers on the school website.
- Handwriting – Handwriting and letter formation will be sent to pupils who need to practise
We will be revising spelling rules commonly spelled wrong to begin with.
Weekly Homework Tasks:
Maths Homework due Friday 18th September. Please mark at home and put in the homework box in the classroom.
MC – revision of year 4 objectives – answers are on the second page. MC
Grammar homework due Friday 25th September. Please mark at home and put in the homework box in the classroom. The mark sheet is on the second page.
Week 3 homework run on sentences
Maths Homework due Friday 2nd October. Please mark at home and put in the homework box in the classroom.
MC – revision of year 4 objectives – answers are on the second page.