Compulsory home learning tasks
Key Stage 2 (year 3 – 6)
- Reading – Children at Ashbourne Primary School should read 5 x a week at home with their parents and this should be recorded in the child’s reading record.
- Times tables – Since the implementation of the new National Curriculum 2014, pupils are required to know times tables facts up to 12 x 12 by heart by the end of year 4. Children should practise these at home via Times Tables Rockstars and in year 6 should continue to practise if they don’t know them.
- Spellings – The government have set words that the children must learn in each year group. These will be sent home and tested weekly.
- Arithmetic or GAPS (Grammar, punctuation and spelling) – sent weekly with answers on the school website.
- Handwriting – Handwriting and letter formation will be sent to pupils who need to practise