Our Spring 1 Whole-School Topic is ‘Diversity’.
Our Class Topic is ‘Rainforests!’
Here are some of the books that we will be sharing this half term to help lead our learning:
Reading and Reading Awards
We love reading in school and share stories daily with the children. We aim to install a love of reading in all children! We encourage children to read at least 5 times a week at home. Just 10 minutes a day will make a real difference to the progress that your child makes. If your child reads at least 5 times a week at home, they will receive a voucher for the Golden Box. Each week, a name is picked out to win a BRAND NEW BOOK to keep! Please record all reading in the reading records to ensure that we can monitor your child’s reading.
Outdoor Learning and Forest School
We are lucky enough to have an outdoor learning session led by Mrs Creswell, a qualified Forest School leader, once a half-term. On these days, please bring to school suitable outdoor learning clothing and shoes and bring extra waterproof layers to school too. We may get very muddy during these sessions!
- Drop-off time is between 8:35am – 8.40am. Pick-up time is at 3.00pm. Please drop off and collect your child from the side gate to the left of Reception.
- PE will take place every Wednesday. PE kits will stay in school and be sent home at the end of each half term.
- Year 4 in 4/5VA will be going swimming each Monday afternoon. Please send in swimming kits each week.
- We visit the library every fortnight on a Thursday. Children can choose a book to bring home to share to encourage reading for pleasure.
- Please send in a healthy, morning snack for you child. This can either be a piece/pieces of fruit or vegetable.
Learning in year 4/5!