Compulsory home learning tasks
Key Stage 2 (year 3 – 6)
- Reading – Children at Ashbourne Primary School should read 5 x a week at home with their parents and this should be recorded in the child’s reading record. Reading records will be checked every Monday.
- Times tables – Since the implementation of the new National Curriculum 2014, pupils are required to know times tables facts up to 12 x 12 by heart by the end of year 4. Children should practise these at home via Times Tables Rockstars and in year 6 should continue to practise if they don’t know them. You will be sent home a username and password for Times Table Rockstars. It is recommended that for Times Table Rockstars to have an impact, it should be used for at least 10 minutes per week.
- Spellings – The government have set words that the children must learn in each year group. These will be sent home and tested weekly. 3M will have a spelling test every Monday.
- Arithmetic or GAPS (Grammar, punctuation and spelling) – sent weekly with answers on the school website.
- Handwriting – Handwriting and letter formation will be sent to pupils who need to practise. Year 3 have weekly handwriting homework to practise letter formation.
Autumn 1 Spellings
Spellings will be tested weekly on Mondays. Spellings can be found in Homework Diaries. Children will learn set 1 or set 2. Please help your child to learn these off by heart.
Autumn 1 Handwriting
Handwriting homework will be due in each Friday where new homework will also be set.