Our Summer 1 Whole-School Topic is ‘Creativity’.
Our Class Topic is ‘Romans’.
Here are some of the books that we will be sharing this half term to help lead our learning:
Reading and Reading Awards
We love reading in school and share stories daily with the children. We aim to install a love of reading in all children! We encourage children to read at least 5 times a week at home. Just 10 minutes a day will make a real difference to the progress that your child makes. If your child reads at least 5 times a week at home, they will receive a voucher for the Golden Box. Each week, a name is picked out to win a BRAND NEW BOOK to keep! Please record all reading in the reading records to ensure that we can monitor your child’s reading.
Outdoor Learning and Forest School
We are lucky enough to have an outdoor learning session led by Mrs Creswell, a qualified Forest School leader, once a half-term. On these days, please bring to school suitable outdoor learning clothing and shoes and bring extra waterproof layers to school too. We may get very muddy during these sessions! In 2021-22, our outdoor learning sessions with Mrs Cresswell will be on WEDNESDAY 6th OCTOBER, WEDNESDAY 8th DECEMBER, WEDNESDAY 9th FEBRUARY, TUESDAY 5TH APRIl AND TUESDAY 24TH MAY.
- Drop-off time is between 8:35am – 8.40am. Pick-up time is at 3.00pm. Please drop off and collect your child from the side gate to the left of Reception.
- PE will take place every Tuesday. PE kits will stay in school and be sent home at the end of each half term.
- 3H will be going swimming each Thursday afternoon. Please send in swimming kits each week.
- We visit the library every fortnight on a Friday. Children can choose a book to bring home to share to encourage reading for pleasure.
- Please send in a healthy, morning snack for you child. This can either be a piece/pieces of fruit or vegetable.
- Forest School this half-term will be on Tuesday 24th May. Please send in suitable outdoor clothing on this day.
Learning in 3H
|Our classroom is Woodland themed, this includes our reading area!||We vote for how we would like our class story to be read at the end of each day.||We take part in Forest School and learn lots of new life skills!|
|We enjoy visits to the Library.||We all voted for our class School Councillor.||We use technology safely and responsibly.|
We keep active in our PE lessons.
|We learn all about the world in our Geography lessons.||We learnt sewing skills in Design and Technology and made our own puppets.|