Please find above some useful learning links and activities to support your child’s learning at home. Try to have a look at the weekly activities and choose some daily to complete with your child. The most important thing is to keep your child happy and smiling throughout this uncertain time. Lots of playing and relaxing is encouraged! Please message if you have any questions or you require any further support.
Daily if possible please:
- Read to your child, modelling what a good reader sounds like and fostering a love of stories.
- Give them time to play as all children learn best through play.
- Have fun singing, creating, baking, gardening, helping with house-hold jobs. Children love to be helpful and learn by watching others.
- Recap learning the phonic sounds using the phonics play website or the sound cards we have previously sent home. It is so easy for children to forget them if they don’t recap daily as they do in school.
- Keep counting – everything as you work and play. Count shoes in pairs on the shoe rack, how many pots we have washed up together.
- Play games – board games, card games, paper games such as hangman, noughts and crosses. All games have value to support learning and they are fun.
Please find below a list of website resources available to you from different companies.
David Walliams is doing a free audio story everyday.
Go Noodle are offering keep fit videos
Twinkl have a great range of resources to use with your children and they are currently offering them for free:
Top Marks have a great range of games available for your child to play:
Joe Wicks live 9am PE session:
Zoos are offering free live streaming:
World Book Online have made their whole collection free:
The Scouts have created ideas for exploring the great indoors:
Free books for children to listen to: