Our Teacher is Miss Toone
Our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Powling and Miss Whysall
Our Autumn 1 half term topic is “I’m Super, I’m me!” This is linked in with our whole school Wellbeing topic. Here are some of the stories that we will be sharing this half term to help lead our learning:
Click below to see the timetable for a typical day in Reception Class
We love reading in school and share at least 2 stories daily with the children. We aim to install a love of reading in all children! All children read with a grown up at least twice a week in school. We encourage children to read at least 5 times a week at home. Just 5-10 minutes a day will make a real difference to the progress that your child makes. If your child reads at least 5 times a week at home, they will receive a voucher for the Golden Box. Each week, a name is picked out to win a free book to keep! Please record all reading in the reading records to ensure that we can monitor your child’s reading.
We have a phonics session each day in Reception class. The sounds and words that we have been practising will be sent home each week. Please click below to see the sounds and words that we will be learning this half term. Phonics will begin at the start of term, focussing on listening skills, rhyming, hearing sounds and oral blending. We will continue these skills alongside phase 2 phonics, beginning in week 4.
Outdoor Learning and Forest School
We enjoy an outdoor learning session each week, usually on a Friday. Please ensure your child has a pair of wellies that are kept in school to use in our outdoor learning session and in our outdoor classroom in the wet weather.
We are also lucky enough to have an outdoor learning session led by Mrs Creswell, a qualified Forest School leader, once a half term. On these days, please come to school in suitable outdoor learning clothing and bring extra waterproof layers to school too. We may get very muddy during these sessions! In Autumn term, our outdoor learning sessions with Mrs Cresswell will be on WEDNESDAY 20th OCTOBER and WEDNESDAY 15th DECEMBER.
- Drop-off time is between 8:45am – 8.50am. Pick-up time is at 3.10pm. Please drop off and collect your child from the blue gate outside the Reception classroom.
- Please ensure your child brings their bookbag to school daily with their reading book inside.
- Children will have fresh water available each day. Please send a plastic, named cup to school. Children will be encouraged to fill their cup and drink water throughout the day.
- Free fruit is provided for the children every afternoon. Please send in a healthy, morning snack for you child. This can either be a piece/pieces of fruit or vegetable.
- PE will take place each Friday. Please help your child to practise getting changed for PE independently. PE kits will stay in school and be sent home at the end of each half term.
- We also visit the school library every Friday. Children can choose a book to bring home to share to encourage reading for pleasure.
Learning in Reception
Below are links to useful websites: