The government has released some additional guidance for schools last night in light of the increased risk level regarding Covid-19.
Here are some of the reminders and changes for Ashbourne Primary School.
- If anyone in your household (or support bubble) has symptoms, please keep all members of the household at home.There have been some instances where children who should be isolating have been seen out shopping. This is not acceptable and puts the community at unnecessary risk.
- Please do not come onto school premises if you have any symptoms, are awaiting the results of a test or have received a positive test result.
- Please maintain a 2m social distance from all other children and adults, including staff at drop off and pick up.
- Please wear a mask or face shield for pick up and drop off.
- Please follow the staggered start and end times and the allocated entrance and exit (all on our website, if you have forgotten)
- If you are sending older siblings to collect your child, please ensure that they know the rules and that they do not play on the school equipment whilst they are waiting.
- Please discourage your children from congregating on the playground before drop off or after pick up i.e. do not allow children to play on the gym equipment or adventure play area.
- Children should only bring in items from home that they need for the school day. Other personal belongings should be left at home please.
- If you need to speak to a member of staff, use Dojo or phone calls where possible. We do have a number of Clinically Vulnerable staff members who are continuing to work and we will only be inviting parents into the building if it is an urgent matter.
- The guidance is clear that children do not need to wear face masks. Please do not send these in.
- When not in school, please observe the government guidelines regarding social contact with others.
In order to keep our pupils and staff members safe, we are obliged to report to the police, anyone who does not abide by these self-isolation or social distancing rules.
Many thanks for your continued support. If we all follow these guidelines, we hope we can maintain adequate staffing levels to keep all year groups open.